Sunday, December 23, 2007

'tis the season

to forgive those who have caused us pain, no matter how hard it may be

to give and be generous not just to family and friends, but moreso to those who are in greater need

to see and remember the good in people

to look back at the happy times and forget the bad

they say that Christmas is for kids. i say it's time for us grown-ups to see Christmas the way a child does - a day of joy and thanksgiving. more than the presents and the noche buena feast, it is a day where people get together and celebrate as a family.

and though we lost two people this year, kuya pochie (cousin) in june and mama lily (aunt) this december, there is no need to be sad. their journey may have ended here but i know they're having a blast with the new one they have. though they are missed i know they're not very far away.

merry christmas everyone.

5 comments:

Frodo said...

I wish I could have your sunny disposition sweetie, when it comes to people one despises.

Sadly, really, as much as I want to, this person has done me real wrong I'm short of wishing this person dead.

I know I'm a good person but when push comes to shove and real injustice happens to me.

Wish you well though. You are a good person dearie. Hope you have a good one.

Cheers!

Frodo said...

Mea culpa for my fragmented sentence. It should have been written like this: "I know I'm a good person but when push comes to shove and real injustice happens to me, I do what I have to do and the devil in me just rises up to the occasion."

Darn, I hate it when I get too passionate whenever I write...

gemma said...

haha so the hobbit is a scrooge as well huh?
like i said, 'tis the season to be happy. hold your anger til the end of the year hehehe!
merry christmas!

Frodo said...

Bah, humbug!

Good thing we got angels like you to keep us scrooges at bay.

Holding my anger will be a cinch just like holding my water after quaffing a 12 bottles of beer... *runs off to the nearest water closet*

Don't get me wrong, I'm still happy. Hey, one has to realize the blessings one has. ;)

Hey, where's my gift? :p

gemma said...

haha ur gift'll be on it's way as soon as i get mine sweetie! hahahaha!

  © stoicsushi

Design by Emporium Digital