Thursday, January 10, 2008

just isn't my day

i was supposed to be done working by 8. just about the right time that i was meeting up with pam, ayi and jax for a nightcap at Apartment 1B. i've been craving for their white toblerone cheesecake for the longest time so to say i'm excited is an understatement.

but no, i didn't leave the office til 10:30! i figured since it was dessert i was looking forward to, i don't mind. so off i went. walked the entire two blocks just to have my sweet fix.

my cel beeped as i was entering the cafe but i ignored it since i already saw my friends. they were happily munching on a carrot cake as i sat down. i was about to call for the waiter when they all said that they texted me. the message: we're almost done with dessert. ordered your cheesecake but somebody ordered the last slice already CRAP!

i ended up ordering their frozen pie (as shown in photo) instead. the menu said vanilla ice cream on oreo crust topped with walnuts, chocolate & caramel syrup. it could not be any simpler. what can go wrong with vanilla ice cream right?

i spoke too soon. my order came. the oreo crust was ok but the ice cream was soggy. just my luck. it was supposed to be frozen friggin pie!

it is true what they say, when it rains, it really pours! i need my bed now.

No comments:

  © stoicsushi

Design by Emporium Digital