Sunday, March 30, 2014

Lifestyle change before turning 40

I barely got 2 years before the big 40 so I better start cracking!

The plan, to lose just enough so I won't have to dela with all the stress that comes with age and obesity! Yes, I am obese in the medical world. SHOCKING I know as I was always comfortable in my own skin.  Diet and exercise were hobbies which I could do whenever I feel like it (which was close to NEVER!)

I could get away with that when I was in my twenties. Now that I'm nearing the dreaded 40, I felt the need for change. It's time for me to grow up and accept the fact that whilst confidence and personality will take me far, I knew I had to do something.

And so I did.

I had to do something with my diet first as I knew I had to eat healthier. So I succumbed to calorie counting. 1200 daily calories meal delivered at my doorstep.  At first I was a bit skeptic but it turned out to be one of the best decisions I've made this year. Thanks to YummyDiet for opening my eyes to eating healthier without sacrificing the taste.

Dieting was the easy part. It's the working out that's a bit intimidating.  I mean, yes I play badminton and do bikram yoga but I am far from being sporty or gym buffy. However, I knew I had to. Diet can only do so much I had to partner it with some form of exercise.  I had to make the gym my new best friend. And so, thanks to my wonderful friends, i discovered boxing!





and i love it. like really really love it.

Yes, the non-sporty girly girl now boxes! I mean who wouldn't with these babies?! I figured since imma be doing it at least 3 times a week, i had to invest on gloves and hand wraps. and anyone who knows me knows i happen to love pink in all shapes forms and shades.

imagine my shriek when i found these! special shoutout to nishy who pointed me to the right direction :)


and so there...my first entry for 2014 happens to be about my lifestyle change. with the help of my wonderful support group (my oplanbalikalindog friends), i'm well on my way...i'm already seeing results and my determination has not wavered. a good sign i must say.

of course i do cheat when i want. i still eat and lay around like vegies when i feel like it. the only difference now is that i know i have a choice. i know when to say no and when to say yes when it matters.

i seem to be on the right track...here's me at my heaviest (on the left) and on my first swimsuit ever (taken 2wks back in boracay)


i know i have a loooonnnggg way to go but at least i know which path i'm in.

before i know it, i will be forty and fabulous!




No comments:

  © stoicsushi

Design by Emporium Digital