Tuesday, January 16, 2007

2006 in a glance

April asked me to answer these questions to recap 2005 but I didn’t. I figured that wasn’t a good year for me and nothing I write could make it any better. Now 2006 was a completely different year and I feel that it merited a blog entry so here goes.
The Year That Was
1. What did you do in 2006 that you’d never done before?
  • Virgin hair no more as I had my first ever highlights courtesy of my ever trusted stylist, Topher
  • Went out of the country at my own expense. While my wallet does not agree with me, I’d say that was the best thing I’ve done last year.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I never was nor will I ever be one who makes them. 3. Did anyone close to you give birth? My cousin Helen gave birth to a really adorable baby boy named Harvey :) Mamu is a brand new mom with bouncing baby joshua

4. Did anyone close to you die? Tatang, my mom’s eldest brother did :(

5. What countries did you visit? Singapore and boy do I wanna go back!!!!!

6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006? Rest! Sleep to be exact! My insomnia days are beginning to catch up on me and I’m not getting any younger!

7. What date(s) from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

  • October 19 – the day I first set foot on Singapore
  • January 1 – met Ygy, one of the girls my EX cheated on me with. What a nice way to celebrate the first night of the year huh? The funny part is, we became friends. Forever in the mission to cuss men like THE EX hahaha!

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

  • Financial stability
  • Survived a really terrible break-up with grace

9. What was your biggest failure? Can’t say I failed big time in 2006.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Besides the usual flu, nothin really major thank God!

11. What was the best thing you bought? Most of my purchases last year were for jewelry. As they say, diamonds are a girl’s best friend so I’d have to say my best buy would be the diamond set of earrings and ring (6 diamonds a piece) woohoo!!!

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?

  • My brother Jimbo, for turning into one of the most responsible people I know.
  • My good friend Nilo, for coping the way he did after his own personal tragedy.
  • April, for being there when I needed someone the most, even when I said I wanted to be left alone.
  • My mom and my dad, for loving each other even after 32 yrs of marriage

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

  • The EX – for bein the jackass that he was. For hurting not just me but his daughter as well. For the false security. For his cowardice in facing me. And for the many other crazy stupid things he did.
Appalled yes, but I was not depressed. No use stressing over depression over someone like him.

14. Where did most of your money go? Clothes. Shoes. Jewelry….lots of jewelry!!!!!!

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? My trip to Singapore.

16. What song will always remind you of 2006? Feels Like Home – Chantal Kreviazuk

17. Compared to this time last year, are you: happier or sadder? -- A whole lot HAPPIER thinner or fatter? -- Thinner woohooo! Lost about 10lbs last year!!! richer or poorer? -- I’d say richer. Not by a mile but makin lil baby steps :)

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?

  • Gym.
  • Save money.
  • More leisure time with my parents. A simple weekend out of town or dinner. More of those would’ve been nice.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Plotting of ways to make the EX pay! Hahaha! Seriously, though, It would’ve been nicer not to have spent that much on impulse shopping!

20. How will you be spending Christmas?

Spent Christmas eve the way I’ve spent it since I was born. Major family reunion with my relatives in Bulacan. This year though, we were a few members short :( Christmas Day was my Dad’s family’s turn. Had the usual Christmas dinner in Alabang.

21. Did you fall in love in 2006? NOPE

22. How many one-night stands? Not my thing

23. What was your favorite TV program? Definitely Grey’s Anatomy and a near second would be One Tree Hill

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Nope, i still HATE the same person I did the year before! Hahahhaha! But on a more serious note, I don’t hate anyone now. I may not have liked the way a few people in my life behaved but I don’t hate them. Neither do I hate the EX. I could care less for what happens to him but that doesn’t mean I hate him :)

25. What was the best book you read? I only read the Shopaholic Series last year so I’d say those three :)

26. What was your greatest musical discovery? Bethany Joy Lenz . Too bad her album didn’t come out last year.

27. What did you want and get? A Well deserved vacation. Peace of mind.

28. What did you want and not get? A Classic II Lacoste bowling bag . But a very sweet friend gave me a really nice Longchamp bag so I’m cool! Thanks fafa R!

29. What was your favorite film of this year? Happy Feet! Was smiling from start to finish!

30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? Compared to last year’s major bash, my 31st birthday was simple and quiet, spent with my family.

31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? A heartfelt sorry would’ve made forgiveness easy.

32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006? 2006 was a year of reinvention for me. I now have, in my closet, an array of Kikay, flirty clothes and shoes.

33. What kept you sane? Closest friends. My mom and my dad.

34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? McDreamy! Sexy and enticing as a forbidden fruit!Yummmmyyyy!!!!

35. What political issue stirred you the most? I’ll have to pay more attention in 2007.

36. Who did you miss?

  • My sister. Our usual midweek dinner/magarita/coffee nights.
  • Justine, the EX’s daughter. Her unconditional love. Her songs. Her laughter. The hugs and kisses.

37. Who was the best new person you met? Celia! A Fab new friend. Smart and driven, the latest addition to my bitches!

38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006. If you want things to happen, you gotta make them happen. No matter how hurtful the circumstance may have been, forgiveness will eventually come.

39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. “I’m every woman, it’s all in me!”

~~~~~

2005 ended with a sad note. And while 2006 started in the same tune, I’m glad the melody changed as the year ended.

No comments:

  © stoicsushi

Design by Emporium Digital